- Creative representations of abstract things.
- Unique Skill acquired through observation and study.
- Outcomes of human creative ability.
- Representations in a media as publications, artbooks etc.
- To understand how things work and find what's happening inside- Analytical Drawing
- To reproduce accurately the appearance of a living / non-living object - Observational Drawing
- To document an experience and communicate emotions/intent and to share their or others' life stories- Illustrative Drawing
Think about it-of all the living species on earth, only human beings create ARTWORKS which could range from near perfect portraits to captivating landscape paintings to architectural drawings to hilarious caricatures to dazzling conceptual designs to fabric paintings and so on...for some reason I found this observation very interesting.
Why another ART blog?
Well ever since I attended YUAG Open House two years ago, I have visited several art galleries and museums on the East Coast (Thanks to BOA's Museums On Us Program), have filled several notebooks, have met some really inspiring people (artists, photographers, curators, museums officials, volunteers at musuems) and I must admit that every such visit has provided an energetic lift to me. Based on suggestions of close friends, I have decided to pen down my thoughts/experiences/impressions abour "ART" and "ARTISTS" here in this blog and share my enthusiasm with other curious folks who feel equally amazed by ART! So let's take a plunge into this mystic world of art and artists right away and try answering the question "Does Art Matter?" over the course of time...
"I am not an adventurer by choice but by fate"~Vincent van Gogh